Saturday, February 05, 2011

Creamy Jalapeno Dip

We've been stuck in the house for 6 days now....and I think I'm finally getting out today. I have a serious case of cabin fever! I finally pulled my sewing machine out yesterday and made something cute....maybe my next blog post?

This dip has been a huge hit...both at Christmas and Declan's birthday party. It would be perfect for a Super Bowl party! Enjoy!

Creamy Jalapeno Dip

1/3 cup pickled jalapenos
Juice from pickled jalapenos, to taste
1 packet buttermilk ranch dressing mix (make sure to get the buttermilk packet - not regular Ranch!)
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 cup of mayonnaise (regular - not reduced fat)
1/2 bunch of cilantro, stems removed, chopped (I personally didn't like it with this much of cilantro - I used about 1/4 bunch)

Place jalapenos in the blender and puree until very fine, using juice as needed. Mix the dressing mix, buttermilk, mayonnaise and cilantro in a separate bowl; add to pureed jalapenos. Mix in blender. The dip is best if you refrigerate it overnight. Serve with chips or fresh vegetables, or use as a salad dressing.

Makes about 1 1/2 cups. (I usually double the receipe for big crowds!)

Wishing everyone a warm and safe weekend!

1 comment:

Bev said...

What!!! Still no prizes!!!